[scroll down for Dutch Version]
On May 18th, I invite you to come and create a set of pup vases with us. It will be a fun and inspiring afternoon in which you will learn some basic sculpting and decorating techniques, and explore your creativity. And: the pups will be yours to keep afterward. ❤️
We're looking forward to it! Find all the details below:
Make your own Ceramic Pup Vases
In this course, you will be making two dog sculptures, to which we will add tiny holes, so they can carry flowers. You will decorate them with colored clay slip; the material I use to paint my ceramics. You will have lots of creative freedom to create the pups you like best, and we will be there to guide you through the process. After the workshop, we will glaze- and fire your pieces, and you will receive them by mail.
We will start the workshop with an introduction on sculpting the pups and painting them with clay slip. We will also share some techniques on how to add different details and designs to them, so you can give them your own personal touch. We will also share lots of inspiration and examples to help you get started.
After this, we will start creating the pups! We love color, and we will make sure there will be lots of different colors to choose from :)
Date: May 18th, 2024
Time: 10.00am - 13.00pm (3 hours)
Location: The Pottery Parade studio at Koningin Wilhelminalaan 8 in Utrecht.
Max amount of students: 10
Price: €110 (all materials, coffee, tea, some small snacks and a set of your own Flower Pups included).
Teachers: Marinda & Nadiem
Important to know
- As you will be working with clay and clay slip, make sure to wear something that can get dirty. Clay is easy to wash out, fortunately:)
- No need to bring any additional items; everything is provided in the course.
- The introduction will start at 10am, so make sure to be on time! Doors open at 9.45 am.
- We will make sure that there will be coffee, tea and some nice snacks to enjoy
- Cancellation is possible up until 3 days prior to the start of the course
- Not that after the course, it will take up to 3 weeks before you receive your pups as we will be firing and glazing them.
- The pups will be shipped to you by mail
- A few days before the course, you will receive an email from me with some additional info and reminders.
Our flower pups usually carry gold luster details on them, but due to technical reasons we won't be working with gold luster in the workshop. You will be painting the pups with colored clay slip only. In case you would like your pup(s) to have gold details on them, I can apply this for you afterward. This will cost an additional 7 euros for each pup. Note that it may take a bit longer before you receive your creations by mail, as they will need one extra firing session.
Contact me at email@example.com
Subscribe for new Workshop Notifications
To receive a notification when new workshops are scheduled, leave your email address here: