[scroll down for Dutch Version]
On June 15th, I invite you to come and paint a pair of weirdo bud vases with me. It will be a fun and inspiring afternoon in which you will learn new decorating skills and explore your creativity. And: the two weirdo bud vases will be yours to keep afterward!
Find all the details below:
Paint your own set of Ceramic Weirdo Bud Vases
In this course, you will be decorating Weirdo Bud Vases with colored clay slip; the material I use to paint my ceramics. Each student will be given two pre-made bud vases, which you will be painting entirely with your own design. After painting the vases, I will glaze- and fire your pieces, after which you will receive them by mail.
I will start the workshop with an introduction on painting with clay slip. I will also share some techniques on how I paint some of my favorite pattern designs, and I will share lots of inspiration and examples to help you get started.
After this, we will start painting the bud vases, with help of the examples and techniques I shared. You will start with the face and hair of your characters, before moving to the body of the vases, which you will paint with designs by your choice.
I love color, and I will make sure there will be lots of different colors to choose from! The patterns I paint on my work can be diverse, ranging from polka dots to botanical details. Whichever design you will choose to paint, I will be there to assist and guide you through it, when needed.
Date: June 15th, 2024
Time: 10.00am - 13.00pm (3 hours)
Location: The Pottery Parade studio at Koningin Wilhelmanalaan 8 in Utrecht.
Max amount of students: 10
Price: €125 (all materials, coffee, tea, some small snacks and two of your own bud vases included).
Good to know
- As you will be working with clay and clay slip, make sure to wear something that can get dirty. Clay is easy to wash out, fortunately:)
- Note that you will not be building the bud vases. The workshop focus will be on decorating, and you will be painting a set of bud vases that will be slip cast by me beforehand.
- No need to bring any additional items; everything is provided in the course.
- The introduction will start at 10am, so make sure to be on time! Doors open at 9.45 am.
- We will make sure that there will be coffee, tea and some nice snacks to enjoy
- Cancellation is possible up until 3 days prior to the start of the course
- Not that after the course, it will take up to 3 weeks before you receive your vases as we will be firing and glazing them.
- The vases will be shipped to you by mail
- A few days before the course, you will receive an email from me with some additional info and reminders.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe for new Workshop Notifications