On November 4, we will be pairing two of our favorite things in our cozy studio in Utrecht: Clay and Cocktails! On this night, I invite you to come and paint a set of Christmas ornaments with me, while being spoiled with some delicious homemade cocktails and yummy snacks. Of course, there will be virgin options too. It will be a fun and inspiring night, in which you will explore your creativity. Afterward, the ornaments will be fired, embellished with gold luster and mailed to your home.
Paint your own Ceramic Ornaments
In this event, you will be decorating hand sculpted ornaments with colored clay slip; the material I use to paint my ceramics. There will be different ornament designs to choose from (including some wall potatoes). After painting the ornaments, I will glaze- and fire your pieces, and embellish them with some details of 24k gold luster. You will then receive them by mail.
Upon arrival, you will be treated with a sparkly welcome-prosecco while we get installed and start off the night, I will start the event with a brief introduction on painting with clay slip, and share some insightful tips on how I paint some of my favorite pattern designs.
After this, it's time to get started! You will select 3 to 4 ornaments to work on. There will also be small slabs of clay to practice your designs in case you prefer a warm-up. Or you can get started on your ornaments right away. I love color, and I will make sure there will be lots of different colors to choose from!
During the night, you will be served with two cocktails and several snacks. Of course, there will be alternative drinks and virgin options, too.
When the night comes to an end, I will keep your creations in the studio for a short while. We will glaze and fire them, and embellish them with some gold luster (if desired). After this, we will mail the finished ornaments to your home. We will make sure you receive the pieces within plenty of time before Christmas.
Date: October 28, 2023
Time: 7.00pm - 9.30pm (2,5 hours)
Location: The Pottery Parade studio at Koningin Wilhelminalaan 8 in Utrecht.
Max amount of students: 12
Price: €135 (all materials, cocktails, snacks, alternative drinks and a set of your own ornaments with gold luster included)
Important to know
- There will be plenty of ornament designs and shapes to choose from. Some will have a face sculpted in them (like the wall potatoes) and others will be entirely empty for you paint with a pattern.
- As you will be working with clay and clay slip, make sure to wear something that can get dirty. Clay is easy to wash out, fortunately:)
- Note that you will not be building the ornaments. The event focus will be on decorating and painting techniques.
- No need to bring any additional items; everything is provided in the course.
- The introduction will start at 7pm, so make sure to be on time. Doors open at 6.45 pm.
- Cancellation is possible up until 2 days prior to the start of the course
- You will receive the ornaments at home by mail within 3 weeks after the event.
- A few days before the event, you will receive an email from me with some additional info and reminders.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org